Saturday, May 12, 2012

5 Minute Mousse


Several days ago I was stuck in the kitchen, desperately trying to figure out what to make. I needed a dessert for Bible study, and I needed it now! After pulling a few ingredients, I threw them together. The end result was this creamy, heavenly mousse that uses 4 ingredients and literally takes 5 minutes to make. Now, I have made it a couple of times and always received rave reviews. So try it out and enjoy!




5 Minute Mousse(Peanut Butter Chocolate)

This recipe can be easily made without the peanut butter. I just used what I had on hand ;)

About 200 grams of butter (7 ounces)
100 grams (3.5 ounces) cream cheese(soft cheese)
1 jar Cadbury chocolate spread(or Nutella, or any other type of spread)
1 jar of peanut butter
Optional: whipped cream to top
Makes enough for about 6 small mousse cups



Melt your butter for about 10 seconds. You want it to be squishy, but not hard. 


Cut it up into chunks 


Dump in your cream cheese 
Add in almost a whole jar of peanut butter and almost a jar of chocolate. You don't need the whole thing, about 3/4 of it. 
Whip it together using a mixer. 

And there you have it! Mousse! I used crunchy peanut butter so that is why my picture looks clumpy. But use plain peanut butter and it will be soft and smooth. Try this recipe using a variety of spreads. I even might try using melting chocolate for a dark chocolate flavor instead.



This needs to be made almost right before you want to serve it. You can chill it for a few minutes, but anything longer and the butter starts to harden. Then you will have a hard bowl of yumminess, but no mousse. 

Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...