Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Message to Satan

One verse I have been clinging to lately is John 16:33. "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

This summer, God has called me to oversees missions work. I am beyond excited for this opportunity, and cannot wait to see where He leads and what I will be able to do for Him. However, up to this point, it has been a nightmare trying to organize details. From paperwork to immigration issues, I have felt like something has been against me. It only hit me today that I am truly in the middle of a spiritual war. According to Satan, I am spending my whole summer serving his enemy, and winning converts for the opposite side. He hates that. And he hates anyone who is partnering with God to minister to His people. That would be me. No wonder I have hit so many roadblocks!



Satan is working overtime to cause me to stumble, to shake my faith in Jesus. And I will be honest. Several times he has succeed. So many times I turn to God and ask "Why?" But He is not the problem. I do not need to question Him because He is walking along with me.

So today, I finally figured out what my problem is. I don't need a bigger God, but bigger faith. I don't need new circumstances, simply a new perspective. And I don't need life to be easy, I just need to rely on Him. After almost yelling at God in frustration, I figured it out. And then, it became easier to fight back. It is better to fight in a battle you realize is happening, instead of blindly wandering around the battlefield wondering why you are getting wounded. Today, my perspective changed. I am a soldier for Christ. This summer I am determined to win people for Him. I have to get there first, and Satan is doing everything in his power to prevent that. But he won't win, because my God is bigger, my God is stronger, and my God will win. It is as simple as that.

Satan,
This message is for you. I am calling you out. You no longer get to throw your arrows in my heart, for I have the armor of my Father. You can do your best to discourage me, to hurt me, to turn me away from Him. But I won't. He is my Father, my Savior, and my Helper and I love Him with all that I am. You are my enemy. You mess with me, and you have to answer to Him. Be prepared, because I know the end of the story, and you lose. It is your choice. But you will never turn me away from Him.
Sincerely,
Your worst enemy,
A Soldier in Christ


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...