Sunday, September 11, 2011

One Tuesday Morning...

Ten years ago, the nation watched in horror as planes struck the two World Trade Centers, the Pentagon, and crashed in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. To my young eyes, I didn't understand what was happening. I remember watching on live television the crash, watching the towers fall. At that point, I didn't realize the implications of the event or the scars it would leave on our country.

Ten years later, as I drive through our little town and see the flags everywhere, I am proud. I am proud of how our nation drew together. I am proud of how an event meant to rip us apart strengthened the ties we had with each other. God and His Glory was shown in the lives of the rescue workers, the heros, the policemen, the firefighters, and everyone else who reached out a hand to help those in need. I am proud and honored to be a part of this country.


Thank you. Thank you to everyone who rushed into the buildings that morning. Thank you to the brave men and women on Flight 93. Thank you to our everyday heroes. Thank you to soldiers in Iraq, Afghanistan and around the world defending our freedom. Thank you for everything you have done.




Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...