Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Nutella Cheesecake Recipe

The other day I entered the Happy Pear Baking competition. It was a blast to get involved in the Greystones community!
I have an obsession with Nutella. Okay, it is probably more like a stalkerish, insane, desperate need for Nutella. I love it. A LOT. As I told a friend of mine, it is my life blood. Literally. 


So, what better way to use Nutella than combine it with another one of my favorite foods, cheesecake? 

And as it turns out, the same weekend I was looking to make cheesecake, the Happy Pear had a baking competition. A Chocolate Love competition. My Nutella Cheesecake was the perfect entry. 


Sadly, I didn't win anything. But the Nutella amazingness was devoured. Confession: I totally had a huge slice of it. And it was incredible. In fact, this might be my new go-to recipe for cheesecake. Because who doesn't love Nutella and Cheesecake? 


And now, for the insanely yummy Nutella Cheesecake Recipe! 

Creamy Nutella Cheesecake: By Henrie of GroupRecipes (I modified it slightly)

Ingredients: 

Crust
1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs 
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup melted butter

Filling
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1/2 cup milk
1 (13 ounce) jar nutella

For my International friends: I used 700 grams of cream cheese(or soft cheese in Ireland) and 400 grams of Nutella. :) And if you so care, digestive biscuits make an incredible cheesecake crust. Just replace them for the cookie crumbs and remove the sugar. It went with the cheesecake perfectly! 

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (around 180 C)

In a small mixing bowl, combine crust ingredients. Pat into the bottom of springform pan and bake for 10 minutes.

In the bowl of a mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla extract until just combined. Add egg yolks and egg, beat on low until just combined. 

Add milk and Nutella and mix completely.

Pour filling into springform pan and place in oven. 

Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until center appears set when shaken lightly. Use a knife to test consistency. If it is still super gooey, then place it back in the oven for a few minutes. 

Cool, and store in the refrigerator. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...